View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Revison3 is hardly mainstream, but there is a huge you following. All she would have to do is smile a few times in front of the camera... instant fans and album sales.

I am 100% sure she could get on web networks like this without any effort if she wanted to. I would love to see her do stuff like that ...

It just sucks seeing Yelle do a lot of right things when Alizée has so much more potential, and doesn't seem to care to capitalize on it for whatever reason....
I know exactly what you mean. I try to keep Yelle and Alizée as artists separate in my mind, but I can't help but feel...I don't know...jealous of Yelle's success in America sometimes. Naturally, I'm happy for her and what she's doing for French music, but I don't think I'll ever rid myself of the feeling that Alizée was supposed to be the flag-bearer, the one to bring french music to the states. She had, has, it all - the looks, the talent, and the charisma - to make it in this market. It's all about the effort and desire, which unfortunately, she never seemed to show in this particular pursuit . And what makes it even worse is how easy it would be for her; when you have a gazillion-watt smile and eyes like that, fans aren't hard to make.