View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

So I've been seeding the DVD torrent I made for about a week now. I haven't really publicized it much, just added it to one tracker and threw up the link here. And in that time, I've drawn two interesting conclusions:

1) There is a metric assload of closeted/non-vocal Alizee fans out there, many of whom appear to be American. It took until about Tuesday for the torrent to really pick up speed, but since then there hasn't ever been less than 100 peers in the swarm...and at times, it's gotten pretty close to 200. (This doesn't sound like much, but consider that folks are downloading this thing fairly quickly as a result, so old peers are cycling out and new ones cycling in on a consistently steady basis.) This appears to support a theory I've held for awhile, that we're just a vocal minority, and not the whole of Lili's North American fanbase. There appears to be an awful LOT of lurkers out there...

2) The demand for a DVD of the Psychedelices tour is definitely there, if this many people are clamoring to download a 4GB bootleg. (Granted, I don't know how many of these people would actually PAY for it, were a commercial version to be made available, but that's a whole other issue...)

I'm tempted to throw this up on some other tracking sites and see if the numbers continue to bear out, but I suspect that might cross the line beyond "giving back to the community" into outright piracy, and I don't know that Lili or her record label would appreciate my little science experiment.