View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

An entertainer needs a "hit".....several are better, but only one is needed...., and it needs to hit hard and fast. Fame in this industry is fleeting. Even the "hit" is only good for a season.

The Lolita Alizée had the hit....multiple hits...and they were taken advantage of to full extent, and created a strong worldwide fan base that hung on for several years.

The Alizée of today did not get the "hit". Nothing hit hard and fast. Psychedelices was mostly a sustainment album, as were the concerts. Her current fame is as much momentum from four years ago as it is additions to the base.

As for coming to America to perform.....even with a hit it would be a fat chance. Without a hit, it's nigh impossible with the exception of perhaps niche performance in a niche forum.

No matter what we do, the main driver in all this is..."THE HIT". She's gotta deliver something that takes hold and brings 'em in. Then we have a chance.

I'm still here because I feel a part of this enterprise. I see potential. I see possibilities. I'm hoping to see it all come together...BAM! And I can say I was there all along. But the possibility exists that there will be no more hits....no more magical dances....no more. That too is the price we pay for hanging on. As with any entertainer, years can pass inbetween hits...or albums. The magic of yesteryear is fading.....the magic of today is weak....we hope and pray for some new magic in the years to come. And I'll be here.