View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default instant-mag 2 traduction par Roman page 29-35 Alizée interview only

Is it usually easy for you to let bygones be bygones?

When it's necessary to turn the page, I know how to turn it. On the other hand, I'm not a person who holds grudges. If I have had problems with this or that person, I quickly forget and I easily tell myself that there is a statute of limitations. Even if sometimes, that plays out badly for me. (♪Même si on s'est joué des mauvais tours,
Jamais j'oublierais comme tu m'as aimé.♪)
(It's odd how I can understand something, but not think of a good phrase for it in English, even though I'd probably use the phrase I eventually find if the thought originated with me; like when RMJ asked me for the word that meant the bottom part of a tree left over after it's cut down and I couldn't think of what he was talking about, yet I certainly know what a stump is. So, it's not even as easy as understanding something to translate it. (Though sometimes I think I understand it and then figure out I was wrong at first.) It speaks something interesting to how language works in the mind. One must learn the language "as is" to know it, not by translating. That is, one must learn the feeling of using the phrase "passer l'éponge" rather than trying to memorize the translation of "let bygones be bygones" or "wipe the slate clean", which is the dictionary translation.)

The smile and the sadness pell-mell. There's the theme of the song "Psychédélices", an electronic ballad that is not without a reminder of Björk from the Matmos period. Are you therefore between delights and delirium?

Jean wrote the most poetic song of the album. I admit that I have my access to melancholy, but I'm not like that! It is the eternal question of paradox. I do not escape the rule. I have come to tears of laughter and juggling roles. The cover of my album is indicative of these two Alizées: the young woman sitting sagely who assumes her new responsibilities. The second still a child, who does not hesitate to chomp into a huge cream cake. (note: ça me fait rire or LOL)

"Pschédélices" or "Idéaliser" make, however, allusion to rude awakenings and a few disillusions...

The nostalgia of these titles also comes much from the strings, which make up part of our Juno "family". (i.e.: some members of the Ensemble Nord Sud (North-South ensemble), under the unusual direction of trombonist Daniel Zimmermann).

While we're talking about your two sides, it seems that the order of the songs were chosen in mirror (i.e.: the two songs of Oxmo Puccino in the middle of the album, surrounded by the two titles from Jean Fauque, then the two texts from Daniel Darc). How have you organized the track list?

We did not do it on purpose. Everyone made his list... Jérémy, Sylvain, Jean, the record company and me. For my part, I have simply imposed the desire that "L'effet" close the album.

pages 30-35 are not of this interview

Merci Fanny