View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default instant-mag 2 traduction par Roman page 36 Alizée interview only

Where you surprise the most is with "Décollage", an urban title tinted by R'n'B. Alizée would be the new Gwen Stefani?

I don't think so, no [laughs]! But, I love what she's done. I wanted a different song and with a modern feel. Kore is a long time friend, and he was best placed to do this song. In addition, I had Oxmo Puccino at my side in studio to help me lay out the flow. If he had not been there, I couldn't have done it. We were so happy with the song that Oxmo wrote for me another at the last minute. "Par Les Paupières" was not planned and was written in a few hours. Oxmo came in the afternoon. At 7pm, I recorded my voice. And at midnight, it was finished. The next day, "Par Les Paupières" was in mixing and a week later, the album was in mastering! (note: holy *! I'd like to know what date that was.)

Do you dream of an interview where one would talk to you neither about Mylène Farmer nor about "Moi... Lolita"?

No, because I renounce nothing. However, I dream of an interview where one does not talk to me about Julien Doré [laughs]! That's for sure! Bringing up Mylène is not a problem, quite to the contrary. I have been well served by what she has done for me, by the manner in which she works her career and by the methods that she applied to managing mine. One can not expect more, but I often think about her when someone makes me a proposal. I think: if I was still with her, what would I do? I weight for and against, and I reflect on this with experience. It is thanks to her, if I am here, it is she who taught me everything and if I had not met her, I never would have been able to make this album under these conditions.

To paraphrase one of your songs, what did the young Alizée dream of at Fesch "junior high"? (note: some history of Fesch http://195.221.140.203/colleges/col_..._f/visite.html)

I dreamed to make my life in a world of art: dance, performance or fashion... But all that seemed to me inaccessible. I had decided to graduate from secondary school and get a degree to become a choreographer. I started dance at 4 years of age and soon, I could no longer do without it. Up to the time I recorded my first album, I went three or four times a week to my dance school. I really loved that! At 13, I began to sing, since my school was transformed into a performing arts school. We played musical comedies, learned to dance and sing at the same time, which was not easy and required training regularly. We had presentations every six months, and I have very good memories of that period.

Merci Fanny