View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Through it all though, she has her small group of hard core fans in France and Europe, as well as her newfound Mexican and other international fans. I think we all agree that Alizée is special to us as a person, as well as an artist, and that’s why we stick by her through thick and thin. You won’t get the general public to go that far. Keep in mind that some of her Mexican fans may disappear as well. A certain percentage of fans will always move on to something else once the novelty wears off, and they never come back no matter what. Once you are “yesterday’s news” to them, they can actually become sick of you and even dislike you. It’s sad, but true.
Exactly. Alizée is the only artist/performer/entertainer who can maintain a fan base (to a certain extent) without doing anything at all. No promotion. No interaction. No news. Yet once you get on the Lili train, it's nearly impossible to take yourself completely off, you know what I mean? It's my theory that she grew too complacent when she realized this, and thus did not make a full effort to bring in new fans or actively hold onto the old ones. She was right though: none of the big fans from the better days truly left. It seems that she recently came to understand the fickleness of the music business (perhaps the canceled concerts had something to do with it), and voila: the hand-written note, tons of pictures and news, and twitter .

I'm confident that if she is willing to accept a higher level of fame again, she will be able .