View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:36 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
...She's going to have to earn more fans.

She made a conscious choice to move away from the image and the style of music that she was singing in the Mylène days. I think it was a good choice for many reasons, but it also means that she is starting over almost from scratch. Many of her old fans fell away after Psychédélices was released, disappointed that the Alizée they used to love is gone.

She must now make contact with a new set of fans, a more mature audience interested in more unusual, non-formula music of the kind she wants to sing. I believe she can do it. Her voice has lost none of its power, and her magic is still strong. She needs better organization in terms of promotion and performances to follow the new album. And finally, she needs time, and a bit of luck. The time she has, and as for the luck -- that can be arranged.

But there's no reason to think she should have more fans already, no. Not in my opinion. She hasn't earned them yet...
I'm glad you said it (so I didn't have to).

It's up to her. She has the ability. And this time it looks like she is making better choices.

Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Well Alizée has the worst economy since WWII working against her in the E.U.
Although it shouldn't be a problem with CD sales it is a major problem when trying to get the average fan to scrape together €75 to €150 for an hour and half concert.
I don't have a clue where to suggest she put ticket prices. She looks like she aims for a certain sized audiance, but high ticket prices will discourage many. It looks like she has to choose between more intimate venues or lower prices. I wish her luck with this choice.

By the way - I agree with your thoughts Lefty.

Last edited by Rev; 05-19-2009 at 01:16 AM..