View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I pretty much agree with everyone. For me, it’s the tonal quality of her voice that I like, especially when she sings in her lower register. For example, when she sings the verses of JEAM or JPVA, I love how her voice sounds. She seems very adept at getting the most out of her voice in a studio setting. Of course another factor for me is that I am also fascinated by Alizée, the person. That also makes her voice more appealing to me.

I would also agree that her live singing is not as good as it could be, especially since her return for Psych. I know that a voice like hers is hard to project in a live concert situation, and it’s probably difficult for her to hear in her monitors.

Having said that, I really think she could do better with a vocal coach and more rehearsal time. I know I’ve said this before, but I believe Mylene had Alizée on a daily routine of physical exercise and vocal training. My guess is she has slacked off on that, but I think she really needs to consider putting more effort into it again. My greatest concern for getting Alizée into the USA market is her live singing. I am convinced she can do a lot better in this area, but it requires hard work, coaching and rehearsal time.