View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 12:51 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Natasha is from Edmundston, born in Bathurst but moved to Edmundston when she was about 2 I think, just in case you feel like going for a visit, she visits her family almost every year. (check Notable Edmundston natives for Natasha's page)
And if someone is born in a country but moves and becomes a citizen of another country they are considered a citizen of that country. Mylène Farmer was born in Québec but is French, she moved to France when she still really young and grew up there. What is more important to who you are where you were born or where you grew up. As for MacDonald, he helped found the country, do you not consider Washington an American because he was born before the creation of the USA? And Bell was a Canadian citizen when he made the inventions he was credited for in that article, and was also born before the Constitution Act of 1867, ie when we became the Dominion of Canada.
And I have no Idea how this thread got off topic Spysmasher, but being Canadian I don't mind it though.

Last edited by Twitch; 10-23-2006 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: typos