View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM

nomdeplume is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
This is actually what I have been doing the past few years. As a part of learning about French culture, and how they speak, live, and everything else, we've been singing some of Alizée's songs for usually 5 minutes at the end of each class. Songs including Moi Lolita, J'en ai Marre, Mademoiselle Juliette, and Veni Vidi Vici. Mostly MJ, but still singing. And I actually was able to find that a lot of people actually liked her music, even the new material, and wanted to borrow the CD that I made so they could listen to the songs.

Other than that, I guarantee that anybody that I meet casually as an acquaintance, or friend, I tell them about Alizée, and challenge them to make their life seem 100x brighter for one day, by going on YouTube and typing in her name. NONE, have regretted it.
Really? Wow, that's great! I'm taking French this coming year, and I hope I can repeat your success. Taking a CD of Alizee to class was one of the first things I decided to do when I joined this site, and it's definitely encouraging to hear that. I was beginning to doubt how well it would work since I let some of my friends listen to her music and they didn't show much interest in it.