View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 AM
Alizée Acolyte

BrianB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealizée View Post
Wow this video has a lot of views.
How did the american game developers notice Alizée?
From what I've read, it was the French-based developers who put the dance in. For example, here's the company overview of Activision Blizzard from Wikipedia (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is the American holding company for Activision and Blizzard Entertainment, majority owned by French conglomerate Vivendi SA. The company is the result of a merger between Activision and Vivendi Games, announced on December 2, 2007[4] in a deal worth USD$18.8 billion.[5] The deal closed July 9, 2008.
And here's a quote from the Activision Blizzard "about" page:
Quote:
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard, Inc. is a worldwide pure-play online and console game publisher with leading market positions across all categories of the rapidly growing interactive entertainment software industry.
{ snip }
Activision Blizzard maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Romania, Australia, Chile, India, Japan, China, the region of Taiwan and South Korea.
So, while it's headquartered here it's pretty international.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
like most of us did......

by one way or another they stumbled (you know they're a bunch of computer geeks) across Alizée in that little sailor suit number and when they saw the fish they went nuts and started coding
Yea, that's my theory too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
being made by Sam Raimi I could see it at least having some lulzy moments and it better damn well have Bruce Campbell in it as the lead
I'm not much of a gamer anymore but since Sam Raimi is behind it I will definitely see it.
Brian