View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm terribly disappointed you guys don't know the history of this video. The occassion was to celebrate the completion of a series of strobe lights all up and down the tower. They had put some up temporarily a couple of years before and it was such a big success that they decided to put a permanent set up. The countdown was for when they were going to turn on these lights for the first time. There were reportedly over 350.000 people in attendance.

In december of 2007, I went to Paris to get Alizée's autograph when she released her Psych album. I knew something had been done with the lights on the tower due to this video, but I had no idea what. The night that I got Alizeée's autograph, afterwardsI decided to walk over towards the tower, which I hadn't seen to this point, to do some sight seeing.
I was walking down a hill when I saw the end of a street that had a series of red Christmas lights on all the trees that lined it. I walked down to get a closer look. When I turned the corner, I saw up between these trees with the beautiful red Christmas lights, was the Eiffel tower with all these strobe lights flashing off and on. What an awesome sight. Unbelievable! It turns out that they turn on these lights at night at the top of each hour for 10 minutes and to have turned that corner when these lights were on was just a stroke of incredible luck. I'll never forget it.
Hey Scruffy, thanks for sharing this experience with us. I did know that this occasion was to celebrate something about the lights of the Eiffel Tower, but I didn't know about all those details you said.
I think this is one of the greatest JPVA performance ever. Alizée, the Eiffel tower as the background, JPVA, everything was just awesome. And I don't know if all the evenings at Paris are always like this, but that evening was beautiful!