View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I can understand about the flag positions... in a 2D logo format like this I guess it might be more important to deliver on the eye's expectations for the flags to look "right" despite where the hoist is. One more tweak to the French flag would be to darken the red to match the stripes in the US flag; as it it looks slightly pink.

I like the bigger flags but not the supersized so much. On version 4 it looks like the whole thing could still be framed by a circle if you went that far; where the supersized flags push it out to the sides overall so that it would have to be framed by an ellipse.

I still prefer "Alizée America" in a single line. Stacked doesn't necessarily look bad, but "Alizée" looks smaller, but I think it might be an optical illusion. I know Ben mentioned even making "America" bigger, but I like to make sure that Alizée remains prominent.

I like the resized flame; looks good. I also like the outlining in grey, very much; it's a solid compromise. I understand about the color of the 'A'; it does blend rather well with the flame. I'm just concerned that it doesn't blend too well, such that at some distance that the 'A' isn't distinct enough to be seen clearly... Perhaps darkening it a little?

Last edited by CFHollister; 08-08-2009 at 01:58 AM..