View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
yea.. i dunno exactly how taylor swift does it, but maybe Alizee can just write out the lyrics and someone else can write the music to go with it? im not a musician, so how a song is produced is beyond me!
Song production is a lengthy process if you want the best effect, but black metal musicians purposely do it as simple as they can to achieve the more "truer" sound, as if they didn't have second chances in recording.

What Psych presented was Alizée writing lyrics, while she hired others to present HER image through their music in their way. Technically it's not fully hers, but it would be interesting to see how her ear leads her to her own possibilities.
In music there's a lot to consider into making a song, you can keep it simple with 4 tracks and 4 instruments, or you can layer it for all eternity to create nothing short of an orchestral masterpiece in 5:1 or some exclamation of that sorts.
Aside from this she has to ask if she's willing to perform some songs live. Live can only bring up so much, so playing a 400 track song live with a band of 4 people, can get disastrous. Of course there's only so much of that song that can be played live without the rest of the tracks played through playback.