View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well since she's edging on the electro side I don't really think she's overtly interested in real instruments anymore (to my dismay and to the dismay of other musicians of this forum).
All she really needs is a good program, maybe a synthesizer and some samplers, and of course a decent ear, and she can just plot out the sound she wants with computer clicks and experimentation.

With technology today, nearly anyone can write a song without skill or instrumental ability. They really just need the ear for music, and those songs can either be amazingly written on the program, or poorly written. No matter what, these songs have a nasty habit of being horrid and topping American charts.
(aka: Soulja Boy)
Unfortunately you speak the truth. I was speaking to the difficulty of matching lyrics to music. The synchronicity of sorts for both aspects of a song. I guess Alizee could create either without the other and someone else could add one or the other. I never considered a computer program. I'm with you about the fading art of music using real instruments and real musicians. I am kind of a purest in this way. That's why I don't like most pop music. I detest the 70's disco for the same reason of canned music without real musicians. At least up to now Alizee has had for the most part real musicians. It is a scary thought if Alizee goes completely techno. With that ugly tattoo on her forearm and canned music may be more than this man can stomach. I'm taking a wait and see approach and I really hope that Alizee knocks our socks off with the new album. No matter what I wish Alizee the best always.