View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I do understand the feeling, but I believe it's all explained by the fact that Her Grace has in some ways a very private nature. There are hints of this in some of the lyrics from Psych. Note especially the lyrics to Decollage, which I just listened to again the other day. The reference to retreating into a shell is what I mean. She is an introvert, not an extravert. She enjoys public acclaim and the adoration of fans, but not constantly, and has to always be able to retreat where the world can't follow. From time to time, she's going to do that. It's just the way she is. (Being an introvert myself I can easily understand this. Just imagining being followed by crowds of people everywhere gives me the creeps.)

About the Twitter thing, I confess to being an ignorant cave man when it comes to that subject. I don't have a phone capable of using it and I have only the vaguest notion of what it is. Just because she chose not to follow AlizeeUSA doesn't mean she didn't notice its existence, does it? Anyway, she certainly is aware of her U.S. fan base. If nothing else, a look at this site's home page, with the "Pour Alizée America" autographed photo, should make that clear. There aren't enough of us I think to warrant major professional/commercial attention, but on a personal level she knows we're here. Don't expect massive, constant outpourings of affection, is all. She's not like that.

[Ahem.] Neanmoins, un mot occasionel n'est pas inappropos, mon enchanteresse. Juste de temps en temps.
The point of my previous post was not about attention from Alizée on a personal level. To me, that is a separate issue, and one that you outlined pretty well. I was referring to attention in regards to her public career. I am hoping we will someday be acknowledged as a fan base worthy of some attention. I think back to the problems with videos not being "available" in our country and music not being available or officially released here. This may also be hampering our ability to get her music played in the USA.

We have appealed to Jive/Epic on Twitter to "give us the tools" to help promote her here. Hopefully we will be taken seriously, but as I said before, we probably need to increase our numbers for that. It's a catch-22 though. Without the "tools" it's hard to promote and gain numbers. But without the numbers, they seem to not want to give us the "tools". In Mexico they were able to take "liberties" with the rules, or the rules didn't exist. That's probably not an option in the USA.

As far as Twitter goes, Alizée is following Lillytown.com (France) and Alizee_latino.com. She is not following USA sites or even AF. Twitter can be a good promotional tool, but so far Alizée hasn't made much use of it in that regard. In fact, I would say that most of her tweets are not career related at all. Like telling us she's having lunch with her best friend, or attending Oxmo's daughter's birthday party (and even posting pics) seems on the "light" personal side. Not the kind of tweets I would have expected, but I really do enjoy them