View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

[/SIZE]
While I'm at it, I want to throw a new "suggestion" out there, to possibly be added to the letter/list:

(I'm not saying I want this, I'm only saying it would help CD sales)
What if she just did her entire albums, as she likes (mostly or all in French), then released English-only and Spanish-only versions also? - Exactly the same, but all the lyrics of all the songs replaced with Spanish or English? (I hope I'm not suggesting blasphemy here...) I don't think it sound too crazy - In fact, a lot of Americans, once interested in Alizee, would want to buy discs in English and French! Maybe that would be the same for England, Canada, Mexico, S.A., too?

Comments? Anyone seconding that motion?
I think it's OK for you to suggest anything, but Alizée has made it abundantly clear she prefers to sing in French. Rewriting the lyrics to all her new songs in just one other language will be a pretty big task, and we have seen in the past it will probably have mixed results at best. Some people laughed at her English songs from the MCE era. But just re-recording every song in multiple languages is costly and time consuming.

So like I said, you certainly can suggest it, but I don't think there's much of a chance that it will happen - especially this late in the game.

And for a person watching from a distance (like all of us here), Deepwaters probably understands Alizée as well as anyone. Take his post to heart.