View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Wink Sending in Signatures...Size specs, Where to send 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I know it seems like a stupid question, but how big should the signature be? I dont want mine to look like an ant or a huge fancy showoff one (John Hancock did that i think, idk) Plus, if theres room, id like to be able to write a really short message there with my signature. Dont worry lol, just a couple of words, not sentences.
Whew! Another excellent point, this size question. I would certainly want everyone's name to look reasonably equal in size and impressiveness.

That much being said, then HOW'S THIS SOUND for specs:

If possible, make your image somewhere close to 150k - 300k pixels .

To clarify that, I mean 2 to 3 square inches of area (1" x 2" -> 1" x 3", or about 1-1/2" round) at 300 dpi resolution.
Or, that's 4 to 8 square inches of total area if you're scanning at 200 dpi.
Just MULTIPLY YOUR IMAGE'S HEIGHT X WIDTH X DOTS-PER-INCH to count how many pixels it will have.

Or, if you're looking at the "properties" of your image on a computer, it's just height (in pixels) X width (in pixels).

If the resulting number is between 150,000 and 300,000, you've hit the target!

If it's not, however, don't worry, I'll deal!

That E-address again: bongovideo@tds.net .

Going Postal:
Jungster, why you an' Barrett an' 'Sabi gotta keep thinkin' up more work f'me? I joke agen.
No, traditional mail will be fine too - if someone wants to snail-mail me something, and have me scan it, yeah, great! It'd be an honor, but for safety's sake*, I'm not just posting the address. So PM me that you want an address to mail to, and I'll PM one back to ya!

{*safety - i.e. not being harmed by spouse. }

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
good suggestion, i think that should be part of the letter we send to her label/company/representatives or whatever, but not to Alizée herself because it wouldnt have as much impact. Have we decided on that, whether to split the project in two? A more formal, letter with all our signatures as a petition to the company (appealing to their pockets and wallets), and a more heartfelt and loving one to Alizée? (to motivate her to come here) Idk, just throwing it out there.

Junkmale and Fall06, this online petition sounds like a wonderful idea!

So go right ahead! It's not my idea, and I'm already getting pretty busy here. ('Not complaining, though!)

But also I just can't do that.

Say, some of the other forums have online polls right there on the forum! Let's ask Ben if we can get one of those!

Last edited by Chuck; 09-14-2009 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost