View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

This rumor of her possibly having a let's call it part time home in Miami seems a little far fetched, but we know from her early career, she didn't seem to mind at all being on the road a lot. I doubt that she would want to subject her daughter to that type of lifestyle though.

Getting a little off topic now. Going back to the article Roman mentioned in this thread a couple of days ago. Here is what she said when asked about her songs in English.

When you published Mes courants électriques (note: my electric currents), did it seem obvious to record « I'm fed up », « Amelie », « I'm not twenty » et « Youpidoo » in English?

Yes, I recorded those titles at the same time as the original French. This means that we made those versions for nothing since the the foreigners made fun of the songs in English. The French [versions] had more charm [for them], even if they didn't understand everything. We had a foot in the international market, but we had had luck with "Moi... Lolita". We couldn't believe that success would still be met with only French lyrics. We decided not to mess around or take it easy and we worked on English versions

Maybe that explains her reluctance to come to this country. She probably thought to make it in the U.S., she would have to sing some songs in English and from her point of view, her songs in English were being laughed at.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-11-2009 at 01:10 PM..