View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
No more childish and music coming straight from the world of Mylène Farmer
An example of what I was saying earlier about Psych not making enough of a break in the minds of most people (while too much of one for some old fans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
So what role does Institubes play?
Lefty may be able to explain this better, but...

Institubes is the label of many of the producers on the album. It will own partial rights to the songs, take a cut, and make sure their artists get their share. The producers from Institubes may also have their own personal publishing companies to deal with this as well or not, I'm not sure.

There's no indication that Alizée herself has signed to Institubes. In fact I'm pretty sure we'd know if she had. Jive/Epic, under Sony, is still her label, and Wisteria Song most likely still her (self-owned) publishing company.

The difference between the two is that Sony's in charge of things like distribution and marketing (and for that takes a cut and partial ownership), while Wisteria's in place to take care of Alizée's music rights and profits.

Wisteria's basically just a way for her and Jérémy to manage their business, and probably won't change unless there's a major shakeup in their lives. That's what I meant earlier by "anything Alizée records these days is, by default, a Wisteria Song Production".