View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Uh, yeah. Anyway, Jean Fauque is not involved. I'm pretty sure she said she was talking to someone else when they decided to do the concept album.
Do you mean in this interview? This part?

Quote:
I met Maripol through Mylène, and she gave me some bracelets that Madonna used to wear. I then met Jean Fauque. It wasn't until much later that I learned that they were brother and sister! They came to dinner one evening at my place, where Jean told us some of his anecdotes, and I understood that "Fifty Sixty" was about these people from New York City. I liked the theme and the lyrics, so we said, why not make an album around Edie Sedgwick, from the Warholian universe?
Sounds like the idea came about during a dinner with Jean and his sister. That's why I wonder if he's involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The interview was for an hour and a half or an hour I think; so, they probably did more stuff, but didn't use all of it.
Yeah, Sabatier lists some of the songs cut for space in his interview with http://justalizee.com:

Quote:
"Variété Française" de Jeremy Chatelain… Et "People Have the Power" de Patti Smith, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" de Nirvana : d'autres tubes… Qu'elle connaissait aussi.
Some other interesting stuff there, check it out: http://alizeegourmandises.free.fr/technikart.htm.

He talks more about the cover shoot. One thing no one's mentioned here was that it was designed fit the theme of the whole issue ("mainstream music"), not just Alizée. Like a Virgin was Sabatier's first choice, but he also liked the idea of doing Michael Jackson's Off the Wall ("l'idée de voir une jeune fille blanche reprendre la pose d'un homme noir me semblait assez provocante et facétieuse").

In other news, the issue is sold out on Journaux. Guess that's good, though hope I got enough for everybody.