View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to post my take on this. Being an avid listener of Hip-Hop, as well as a Hip-Hop DJ, there are numerous cases of artists breaking up successful partnerships with each other, as well as with producers, agents, managers, etc. And it's because that eventually, each party in a relationship feels that they have to go their own way.

I think this is the same with the Alizee-Mylene/Laurent relationship. At least Alizee felt that she needed to move on & try her own route. Personally, I'm fine with it & very understanding of it. My favorite group of all time released two classic albums in a 2 year span & then suddenly broke up & have never spoken on it again. They both still went on to be top-notch in their respective fields, however.

So, basically, I would praise Mylene & Laurent because they helped Alizee get to where she is today & who really knows what would have happened if she had been discovered by somebody else? I cannot honestly say anything bad about them and I could never say a bad word about Alizee. I liked her latest album and only feel that she can go further from here.

(I hope I made some sense...Please tell me if I didn't. >.<)