View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's kind of depressing to see more discouranging posts than encouraging. I think I know how Ed Harris fealt in the movie the Abyss, when he was trying to revive Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and everyone around him was telling him she was gone. One good thing about a station like this, where it's run by students and faculty, there's probably a high turnover rate in the people who work there. There must be some different people there than there were the last time I tried. What if only one of them would turn into an Alizée fan if he checks out this song. It's a slim chance, but I'll keep trying. It just wont be tonight.
I don't mean to sound so discouraging. But I honestly don't know how to break through the wall. I would definitely keep after that radio station. I tweet Alizée updates to the radio station I mentioned, sending them links to her web site and the new songs. I will keep it up until they block me. And when they do that, I'll cancel my membership.

As far as alternative avenues go, such as internet radio, I'm not sure if we can make further advancement with that route in the USA, but it's definitely worth a shot. The only reason I say that is that Alizée has already had an incredible amount of internet exposure for a number of years, and yet has only garnered a small number of CD buying fans in the USA. I have to believe that a large number of Americans have run across her videos. Maybe people are just too lazy to make the effort to find where her music is being sold. Or maybe they need to hear her on mainstream radio, because someone "official" has to endorse Alizée and tell the sheep what is OK to like and to buy. Or, (hopefully not) maybe her music just doesn't appeal to very many Americans.

I don't want people to give up. But we seem to need some new ideas and strategies or some media insiders to help us get on the right path. But until that happens I'd go with the college stations and the internet stations like Deep suggested. And I might send a CD to my local newspaper and see if they will review it.