View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

This is a really tough one. I'm torn between five of these. Jam, Amelie M'a dit, ACC, Hey Amigo and J'ai pas vingt ans. This thread is just asking about the song itself and not the onstage performance because how she looked or danced can influence your decision. I tried just listening to the just the audio tracks and it's impossible to listen to JAM and not see the image of her in that incredibly sexy and beautiful sailor suit. Can't listen to Amelie M'a dit and not picture when she says in the song "I'm not pretty" and the fan holds up a sign saying you are beautiful and a big smile comes across her face. Impossible to listen to Hey Amigo and not see her in that stunningly beautiful white dress or listen to J'ai pas vingt ans without remembering that beautiful smile on her face after she sang at the Eiffel tower or listen to ACC without picturing her running through that abandonned building with her hair blowing with the wind. Another song I can't rule out is Youpidoo, this one you can't listen to without picturing the way she danced on stage. I really can't choose. I love all these I mentioned.

One song I would like to mention though is the English version of Youpidoo even though it's not on MCE. I've listened to this song so many times over the past few years as I did the other songs I've mentioned, but for some reason it has really grown on me in the past few months and it's mainly because of the way she pronounces certain words in it such as walking, talking, and something, and also loss and lost. I can't figure it out. Maybe because she speaks mainly French, she pronounces these words in a way someone who speaks English wouldn't normally pronounce them or maybe it's just the beauty of her voice but this is the song I play the most now when I'm listening to just audio.