View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Welcome to the "You LOOK MAHVELOUS!" music VIDEO age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Her collaboration with MF/LB was a huge gift. Today it is somewhat of a curse as it relates to her current image. No matter what she does there will be a comparison with those days and some of it is probably accurate. Why try and completely reinvent the wheel. If it works don't fix it.
I've already said that, over time, what one does during a short span of years may indicate potential, but need not forever weigh down one's image as long as there is a lengthy trail of new stuff of comparable impact. The key phrase is "as long as."

Of course, there is a "typecasting" effect in a visual medium, as many film and TV actors have found to their great regret. And Alizée has said she thinks that the French music scene subjects one to a typecasting straitjacket as well, while the USA market is less constricting. That's why I think she'd like to break into the USA market, if possible, and why I think <i>Psychédélices</i> was so eclectic - and very enjoyable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Unfortunately in the pop world the successful acts are 80% visual effect and 20% talent in terms of what the industries priorities reveal. Not only is the available talent today minute compared to 50's-80's, but there has been a steady decline in talent since the advent of the video via MTV/VH1. Prior to that the focus was on over all musical talent. If you didn't sound good you had no chance at success. Today it is much more important to look good than sound good.
You mean that Billy "Fernando" Crystal would opine that:
<big><big><big><I>Dahling... eet's not how you sound... eet's HOW YOU LOOK!!!</i></big></big></big>

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZl3gGV4H6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZl3gGV4H6c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

From Alizée's recent <i>Teknikart</i> magazine cover, it would seem that people <i>still</i> admire Madonna's "bellybutton"!

<small>(Small high five to the other aging folks here...)</small>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-18-2010 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: remark on Madonna reference in video