View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
It's not often that I agree with what Deep says... This is one of those time though. He has basically said everything already, but this is my (very) quick input:

Digital distribution is the way of the future, be it music, games or movies. The sooner companies realise this, the better for everyone.
I don't think we were debating the importance of the digital download itself. I don't have the numbers at hand, but I believe 20% of albums sold in the USA in 2009 were digital downloads, and 15% in the UK. These numbers have grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years and I would imagine will continue to do so. There are some albums that have actually had over 50% of their sales as digital downloads. The ninety-nine cent per song model also seems particularly popular and successful, especially in the US.

I would imagine we would all agree that it would be nice to see Alizée's album available and easily assessable for legal digital download to her fans worldwide, including the USA. US Amazon offers the CD, but no digital download of UEDS. I hope they will soon.