View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Excellent job

This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it. Those who made it should be proud.

It is very artistic. The "projections" (cf. <i>I Drove All Night</i> by Cyndi Lauper) and multiple collaged transparent exposures are very well done. I would not call it dark in the sense of morbid; I'd say it was introspective. It fits very well with the general spirit of the music and lyrics. The Corsican girl looks BEAUTIFUL. (Sorry, Ruro, the forehead HAD to go to perfect the image, especially a mature one.) Her elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. This video is an excellent example of how one can avoid the expense of an elaborate location shoot and yet still produce something interesting and beautiful at which to look.

There are almost no body shots or dance moves; how curious for our lovely self-described Terpsichore! In this video, Alizée has crafted an interesting new image for herself which is very becoming. She wants to look very adult and appeal to adults. It makes a wonderful "audition tape" for her hinted ambition to be a luxury goods model. Good luck my little once-sneaker-clad ex-teeny-bopper!