View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Details on the audience with Her Grace and Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
For the 100th time congratulations Scruffy. Talk about a chance of a lifetime. You deserve it and again enjoy yourself as if it's not already happening... I don't know how this got pulled off, but it is awesome that AAm is getting noticed by our queen. There will be no doubt that she will receive the letter now.
I will take responsibility for this, but I have been a BAD, BAD BOY as regards regular DAILY follow-up.

As I told you guys <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154745&highlight=authority#post15 4745">here</a>
<blockquote><i>Earlier today, on nobody's authority at all, I sent a note to the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Élysées, reporting that 10% of the hits on Alizée's official Website now come from the USA, and that Alizée America is sending an "ambassador" to the autograph session at their store, to purchase multiple copies of her album for the Corsican girl to sign. I further inquired about a quantity limit and referred them to this thread in case they are dubious.</i></blockquote>My message, sent on the Ides of March, read so:<blockquote><i>Je suis un membre américain du site Alizée fan populaire,
http://alizeeamerica.com/ Environ 10% des hits sur le site officiel d'Alizée Web aujourd'hui proviennent des États-Unis. Nous allons envoyer un ambassadeur à vos Champs-Elysées pour le 18h Mars 29e session d'autographes. Nous achèterons de nombreuses copies de son nouvel album là-bas. Combien? Combien y en aura Alizée signe pour
notre ambassadeur? Peut-être que vous connaissez ou pouvez apprendre!

S'il vous plaît répondre. Merci. Vive la République! Vive la France! Vive l'Alizée! (Post-scriptum: Vous pouvez nous lire discuter de cette question en anglais ici:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5447)</i></blockquote>I checked for a reply the first couple of days to no avail. Then I checked again yesterday night to read the reply they sent on the 18th, which reads so:
<blockquote><i>Thank you for the request you have posted on our web site.

We have forwarded it to Jive Epic/Sony Music and the answer they gave us tonight is a very good one!

Your ambassador will meet Alizée (and her staff) in private, just before she starts her signing session.

Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans.

It would be preferable if all the fans names could be on a list, especially if some names are complicated to spell!

Please let me know how to get in contact with your ambassador to finalize the meeting with Alizée.

Sincerely yours.

Laurent
</i></blockquote>Lacking my immediate response, Laurent (Mille pardons!!!) showed the needed initiative. Scruffy, I guess you have all this information already, right?

If Alizée has only 30 minutes to sign 50 CDs, and one needs five minutes to say hello and goodbye, then she only has 30 seconds to work on a CD, even without taking a break.

<i>If it is still possible</i> for me to get a CD, I would like it personalized so:

<big><big><big>Ron, du collège de Simon & Garfunkel</big></big></big>
But I will settle for "Ron" if the Corsican girl is running out of time.

<big><big>And if someone fails to pay Scruffy, I will pay for that second copy as well and let him send it to his favorite radio station. His word on the matter will be good enough for me. Who among you will join me in this modest insurance offer?</big></big>

I have now sent Laurent the following note of acknowledgment and apology. I report that we now have a waiting list beyond the quota of 50 CDs. Scruffy is hardly obliged to go beyond adventuring with 50 copies, but all the same, I have the impudence to suggest that should the weather in Paris be bad and some people stay home, Alizée might be able to sign more CDs for fans in America later in the day. (I hope Scruffy doesn't scream WTF!)

Here is the text of my e-mail:
<blockquote><i>Cher Laurent,

J'ai regardé pour votre réponse à mon adresse e-mail pour un couple de jours. Ensuite, j'ai été distrait par d'autres questions. Je m'excuse humblement pour ne pas vérifier pour votre réponse tous les jours. J'ai enfin lu Votre note tard la nuit dernière, une semaine après son envoi.

Virgin peut être très fiers que vous avez montré de l'initiative nécessaires pour agir en l'absence de mon attention immédiate. Comme vous pouvez lire ici:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5483

Alizée America le site Web a été inondé de demandes par nos membres pour un exemplaire dédicacé de l'album. Nous savons depuis longtemps dépassé le quota de généreux de 50 et sont la construction d'une liste d'attente. Peut-être si la météo à Paris est très mauvaise et certaines personnes rester à la maison, Alizée pourrait signer plus de CDs pour notre ambassadeur tard dans la journée.

Toi, Virgin, Alizée et son entourage sont très bon pour rendre nos rêves! Là encore, je m'excuse de mon Faute personnelle, ce qui ne reflète pas les très sincères chaleureux nthousiasme avec lequel Alizée America qui concerne sa spéciales corses Princesse Lointaine.

Lafayette, nous sommes ici!

Ron
Chevalier Errant, Pécheresse<blockquote></i></blockquote><hr>
<center>Edie Sedgwick era subway tokens

</center>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-26-2010 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Add token logo - just for fun!