View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:23 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Without regard to any particular product, I would always be extremely cautious how I BOUGHT anything supposedly authorized by Alizée or another artist I wanted to support.

Not only is it too easy to illicitly copy proprietary art to avoid paying for it, it is also all too easy to aggregate it for free, add genuine editorial value, and then sell the result without compensating the owners of the source material in any way.

If someone wants to sell me something in which Alizée and her collaborators have proprietary rights, they have to sell it through a retailer I trust to respect those rights.

This includes big stores like Virgin and Amazon and a small store like http://institubes.myshopify.com/ the retailing arm of Institubes, Alizée's current musical home. But I would NOT trust another source lacking both an intimate relationship with Alizée and a multimillion-dollar weekly business reputation to preserve.

So if someone wants to sell me something like <i>ALIZEE L'UNIQUE REFERENTIEL</i>, they should get the Institubes store to carry inventory.
I think the same too. I would buy something like this if it is from an official store, something that helps Alizee.