View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Ok, first, don't freak. I put that title as an attention grabber. But as I said in another thread, I have been watching the newest member thing like a hawk. For all of March, we usually had 2-5 members joining a day. But towards the end, and in April so far, we have 1 or no new users per day on average. This worries me a bit. It should worry you guys too. We need to let people know that we are here and stll relevant. After the interviews with Scruffy and Alizée herself concerning this site, you would think we would have an influx of members to some degree. But it is the oppisite. Since I have been here, a few people have left, and many more are becoming less active by the day. From reading through old threads, it seemed there were about 100 active members here at a given time. But judging from thread responses, we have at most 60. What is being done differently? We have to get our names out there. Voting on hitweb is no longer enough. Any ideas?

Well you have noticed a good thing VVV. Maybe you feel like that because you are new to forums. It's a feature of forums dedicated to a single person. There might be a situation when people don't have much to discuss about and their activity reduces. This maybe due many factors.
External factors like a common busy week for most of the people. That causes a temporary, short term inactivity. If it is so, then there is nothing to worry about. It gets over soon.
Second factor maybe that members do not get new topics to discuss. Artists may be idle in those days and not doing much. That also leads to inactivity from members till something new happens. Now that is a serious issue if it is so in case of AA because it's been only 2 weeks after release of her album and if we are not getting enough topics to discuss, then it means that things are not good. She should always be in discussions in these times. This might be because there are only interviews and most of us here are not interested in those. Main reasons : most of the members are English speaking and most of interviews are more or less same. They start from same topic, go through similar questions in all of them and end at same point. Usually the answers are same too. This is time when there must have been huge promotions of her album going on everywhere. But she didn't got slots on TV for that and said that she don't need TV and radio stations to promote her. But I don't agree with it fully. She needs those media too for her promotion in France. Lack of that kind of promotion may be reason for the dismal show of album there.
What we should do in such situations. First hope that things happen soon on its own in the future and we should initiate things by our self. We need to promote her as much as we can. Some of us here are trying to do so, to be specific, Scruffy and doc have taken steps, we got to support them more. We need more inputs from the young enthusiastic AAmers.
This forum has witnessed all kind of days and it won't die.