View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
Originally I thought I should create a topic like "what is your favourite album?" now after UEDS is out but I changed my mind.

Don’t get my wrong I love both of them but when I’m objective I would say “Une enfant du siècle” is the better album.

“Psychédélices” was like a potpourri, I mix of different styles. That’s not so bad at all. Alizée tried to find her style and made it well. But it also had some weaker moments. There are some songs I don’t listen so much than others.

UEDS one the contrary is “one” thing. A package in different parts. That’s the good one of this concept album thing. All songs fit together. There's no weak song for me. okay I would give "Factory girl" only 9/10 but it's still a really great song!

Lol it’s more difficult to explain why I think UEDS is the better album than I thought…

I don’t say that because UEDS is new. I thought long about this question and that’s my answer. I’m sure not all of you agree with me.

And again. I love them both. But I want to be objective.

so... what do you think?

(copy of my post at AF)

IMO the thing that makes "Factory Girl" great are the lyrics. Musically I like the other songs on the album much more than Factory Girl, but I think it has its place and it's growing on me.

Une enfant du siècle is definitely a better album overall. It's strange though because I've always liked the first two Mylene era albums the most and if you think about it, Psychédélices, although experimental, was still somewhat closer to that than Une enfant du siècle. And yet, there's something about Une enfant du siècle as a whole that makes it much more enjoyable to listen to than Psychédélices.

I remember when Psychédélices came out and although I enjoyed some of the songs on it, I kept thinking, "wait but I still like the first 2 albums way way more." And I found myself skipping most of the Psychédélices songs and just sticking to MCE and Gourmandises in time. Une enfant du siècle, on the other hand, is a lot darker than Psychédélices, BUT it somehow works and I'm hooked.

I must admit though, I didn't feel this way the FIRST time I listened to Une enfant du siècle. But I left it on repeat (did the same thing with Psychédélices when it came out) just to become more familar with the album before deciding whether I liked it or not. And I definitely like it.