View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide." -Napoléon Bonaparte
And thus, Psychedelices finally has its first vote, by me.
I always found that an artist's image throughout the promotion and performance of an album is very important, not just the album's music. I have posted before that Alizee's new image appeals to me less than her previous ones, because she seems cold and less happy. Compare, for example, the music videos of Fifty-Sixty and Les Collines. Both tell the story of Edie Sedgwick, but couldn't be more different.
Also, Psychedelices was a better, more "useful" album for Alizee. It won her the Mexican fan base, and had much better sales than UEdS. It was also her first album where she could really be herself, and for that I will always remember it.
And finally, I also prefer the music of Psychedelices. Perhaps it is because I only discovered Alizee after Psychedelices came out, and thus "took in" the songs of the first three albums simultaneously, and did not experience the huge difference and change that Psychedelices brought. But nonetheless, I truly enjoy the music and variety that Psychedelices has. It's true that UEdS has no weak point (to tell the truth, I don't think Psychedelices does either), but for me, it really has no strong point either. (Don't hurt me!)
I will conclude with the evidently mandatory reassurance that is at the end of every post on AAm that says something even mildly degrading of our dear Alizée: I still love her, I love and listen to UEdS very often, and I will continue to support her in all her future work.

I know, this isn't what one would expect to hear from me when I got my UEdS album signed in person, but it is the truth. My one vote will proudly stand next to Psychedelices, by itself if it must.

*Edit* sorry Inclining Pizza, it appears we wrote our posts at the same time. So, two for Psychedelices!

Last edited by Aron14; 04-18-2010 at 01:23 PM..