View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Doc. Nice thought, however the tide seems to have turned. Also, she would have had to pay taxes on the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I must add something : if you want to offer her something and to help her, i suggest you to do something spectacular, something special, something crazy... which could create some buzz in France....

I don't know, but if you want to use your money, buy some billboard in Las Vegas with a message for her or an ads for her album...
something that could be a "buzz news"... ( like " hey, did you know what some crazy fans of Alizée did ...) People magazine love that...

Everything that can put her in the news right now is an invaluable help.

--------
What i say is we have to make a brain storming on this... The most eccentric and daring ideas must be envisage... also the money we want to put on this...
it's could be something simple... create a funny movie ( in which everybody seems to love Alizée in USA), ask to the federal state a green card for Alizée, try to appears on a TV show with a banner or, as I said before, take a photo of a billboard you buy in Alizée honor... but its must be new...

As you already know, french media know very little about the fact she had some fans here... it is really strange for them... so show you're actively involved and they 'll buy it.
Suppose we were to spend the 1000+ euros to hire a Survey testing French name recognition: Alizée vs Sarkozy, and then release the results to American and French papers. You never know what a paper like the New York Post might print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well, it's no different than what Institubes is doing with Rob. You can subscribe to his “Dodecalogue” project and receive one record a month of new music. In a way, it's no different than a magazine subscription. As the record industry changes, this is just one of a number of ideas artists are coming up with. There's even a business operating that matches artists with corporate sponsorship. Of course there is a danger you will become a tool of the corporation. But if people aren't buying enough music to support artists, they will either disappear or find other ways to bring in revenue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Alizée do any of these things. I would prefer it if she could continue to make a living in the more traditional manner. I guess we'll have to just see how it all plays out. But given a choice of no Alizée at all, or subscribing to an Alizée project she initiated, I would subscribe if it was within my budget and reasonably priced. A subscription of this type is not the same as charity if there is something more in it for the subscriber.

She really wants Nike (or another brand) to hire her. If only we could help to make that happen.

Last edited by Rev; 04-22-2010 at 11:56 PM..