View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default More translation help wanted...

Scruffy, if it helps, I tried to put your words into French. But I'm not the best expert - hopefully we can get Bigdan or Loïc (or almost anybody else) to go over this and iron it out a little more.

What's more, I changed the wording of one sentence (with apologies). Where you'd said "It meant a huge amount", I tried, but couldn't translate that directly, so now that sentence is more like: "By giving us your time, you gave a huge present to me and to this forum."

Hoping you can still use this.... - Chuck.

First, Here's Your Original Note, for the use of anyone else who can translate stuff and wants to help...
Dear Alizée,
I'd like to apologize for not thinking to thank you for what you did for us at the Virgin Megastore last month when I was there. I was in such a state of disbelief, never thinking this dream come true would ever take place, even up to the last minutes, that I was so ill prepared for this event, that I never thought to do the obvious of thanking you. It meant a huge amount to me personally and to this forum. There are no words that can express how grateful we are. What you did for us with this private autograph session, the gold pens, is so classy and so typical of the beautiful young French woman we all know as Alizée, that just adds another reason, to so many others, why you wil be so endeared in our hearts as no other who has come before you..
Merci beaucoup,

And here's what that would be in French, I'm pretty sure:
Cher Alizée,
Je voudrais m'excuser de ne pas penser à dire merci pour ça que vous avez fait pour nous au Virgin Megastore le mois dernier quand j'étais là. J'étais dans un tel état d'incrédulité, pensant que ce rêve matérialisée surviendrait jamais, même jusqu'aux dernières minutes, et j'étais si mal préparé pour cet événement, ainsi je n'ai jamais pensé à faire les évidents de vous remercier. En nous offrant votre temps, vous avez donné un énorme cadeau à moi et à ce forum. Il n'y a aucun mot qui peut exprimer à quel point nous sommes reconnaissant. Que vous avez employé les stylos d'or pour nous avec cette séance d'autographe privée, c'était si chic et si typiques de la belle jeune française qui nous tous connaissons. Cela ajoute juste une autre raison, à tant d'autres, pourquoi vous serez si aimée dans nos coeurs que personne d'autre qui est venue d'avant.
Merci beaucoup,