View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
Music should be free, its art and art is priceless so.. I think things like thepiratebay and other torrent sites should be a way for artist to promote emselfs... like Alizée herself stated in technicart she also downloads, especialy films (so she aslo downloads music) Artist should make money with concerts and live preformaces...
And since when has any art been free? Maybe Alizée doesn't have the capability or just time to make up that money on live performances. Maybe she shouldn't even try to make music then?

And why is it that she and the ten or 15 other people working with her to make an album can fork out 100,000€ or whatever it might cost to create an album and do all the promotion, but it's up to us to decide that she gets no return on her money and months or years of her life spent until she does a concert? Maybe she and others are not going about it the best way, but it's pretty simple, if she can't make money one way or another on these albums, she's not going to keep making them. Again, think about all of the musicians, lyricists, technicians, etc. etc. have worked on this album. I think we have very little understanding of what it takes to make an album much less music videos, advertisements, etc.. Even if Alizée wanted to do this as a hobby and spend all her own money and time for free because "its art and art is priceless" I guaranty the people she's working with aren't doing it for free.

Yeah, I think it would have been better if Alizée could have been doing some tv show performances and getting paid for it and then lining up concerts for this summer, but for some reason she seems to be unable to do that. I don't thus find her worthless which seems to be what people now think the word priceless means rather than simply being of a value that is inestimable. That word used to be applied to things that people thought were so valuable that some people would be willing to pay any price to obtain it, rather than declare that they are not willing to pay anything for it. But none of this is news.

I guess you think you aren't losing anything and there will always be enough artists and content creators out there willing to risk making nothing back on their investments to not care. Well, we will lose the Alizée's of the world, but so far there seems to still be others. We'll see how well that continues to work.

Merci Fanny