View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Fundraising spins offsite, but PECUNIA NON OLET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
You guys can do what you want on your own, but the forum cannot be involved in this. We don't solicte money. Collecting for the autographed CDs was a rare occurance. Our shop is handled by a third party. If you want to donate, then just donate, no need to put a "tax" on something else. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but this isn't the way.
To minimize the confusion which is likely afoot, here is the text of a PM I will soon send to each of the known recipients of the autographed CDs.

<hr>

I regret to inform you that the logistics of the Art Scholarship for Alizée's arts school in Ajaccio will be executed in a way I never imagined. I feel OBLIGED to make every effort not to disappoint the DOZENS who pledged money in one of the two recent fundraising polls, now closed.

I am a newcomer here, but there is someone we all know and trust among us at Alizée America whom I have asked to serve as treasurer of the fundraising effort. When he consents, with Ben's leave, I will write you one last time, telling you how to participate OUTSIDE the aegis of Alizée America. Ben writes us: <i>You guys can do what you want on your own, but the forum cannot be involved in this.</i>

Some of you may not know that Ben approached me to promote Alizée and Alizée America, without explicitly delimiting my authority, and I consented. The Fundraisers, whose incremental progress was always immediately documented in moderated public forums, and PMs copied to Ben, were part of my response.

I would like to think Ben never meant to waste my time, and that he believes I never meant to exceed my authority. In light of recent events, I resign from further activity as an agent of Alizée America. For the last year, as a private individual, I have undertaken occasional, casual promotion of Alizée and see no reason this activity will end.

A large group of people includes many types among its number. I think that among the many young people here (I'm in late middle age) we can find what today in China they call those with <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Emperor_Syndrome"><i>Little Emperor Syndrome</i></a>. This phenomenon did not originate in China, and one might argue an early outbreak was seen in a REAL future emperor of Imperial Rome, Titus Flavius Vespasianus. His father, a much less pampered man, found reason to tell his son that <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecunia_non_olet">PECUNIA NON OLET</a>.

For the sake of complete transparency, I will ask Ben's leave to post his reply to the publicly posted Game Plan proposal I redundantly PMed to him. Look for it at: <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5643"><i>Art Scholarship honoring Alizée</i></a>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 05-04-2010 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: mend typo