View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Thanks! I just said she may do no cncerts for this album, and now I read her herself confirming she will be! Boy, I feel stupid! Also, I wonder when she will be mentioning us...? Maybe she meant us in the 'Meeting with fans' line? Just a subtle nod to us, so as not to steer the conversation off topic. I wish an interviewer would ask her about us. It's their fault, not hers. Come on French press, ask about North America, US and Canada specifically! Grr...
Maybe you should read my comments on this article at AF (if I leave them there). Alizée is in no way confirming anything. She would naturally like to have concerts, but saying she is going to is a way of saying she intends to and hopes that enough people simply believe it to make it a reality.
And why would she mention Alizée America? She's mentioned her American fans before, but if you compare a couple hundred Americans to a few tens of thousands of Mexicans (maybe a hundred times as many people), you can see why she might mention Mexico and not the U. S.. It sucks, but that's reality. And after all of that, it's actually American and maybe some other English music which is most considered hip and popular in France. If Alizée feels small in France, how could she possibly feel significant in the U.S.? That's why she said in 2003 that she was not interested in trying to promote herself in the U.S.. That and competition and thus deals are pretty ruthless in the U.S.. I suppose she was right about that.

Merci Fanny