View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Well from what she said in one of the billions of interviews I've seen, she says she lipsynched because it was difficult to sing and dance at the same time.

Though obviously, she does sing live and dance as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Oh really? I don't remember her ever directly addressing that. Let me know if you remember where you saw that.
I remember reading she said that in an interview too. I'll have to do some research to see if I can find it.

I'm sure that's very true about singing and dancing at the same time. I'm sure it would have a big affect on your voice. Can you imagine what Pavarotti would sound like if he'd try doing the Jam dance while singing?

I'm also sure that lip syncing is done a lot more times by everyone than we know about, for that reason and also I'm sure other reasons like the accoustics of certain stages. But I think one of the reasons Alizée lip syncs in some of her songs is because the studio enhanced version sounds noticably better than her live versions.

Most notably ML and JAM. Now I've said it before that this would bother me if it was true of all her songs. But she has so many songs that sound so beautiful when sung live. L'Alize, Hey Amigo, Lou ou Toi, Toc de mac, Amelie, just to name a few

But this shows the genius of MF and LB. When they wrote a song for Alizée, they recognized when a certain song needed tweaking in a sound studio. This was just another one of their great management skills that I think who ever is managing her now lacks.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-02-2010 at 05:23 AM..