View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

As that game went on I kept feeling worse and worse, almost slipping into depression. It seemed like we were destined to lose. I've played soccer all my life and been through those games where you try so hard to get over the hump and when you do the refs take it away. It is very painful and I can only imagine how much it hurts at the biggest stage in soccer.

Watching them struggle all game having chance after chance denied was painful. And having been screwed by the ref's the last two games made it even worse. If you are gonna lose then you want the other team to actually beat you because you can live with that. The refs have screwed them every World Cup since I can remember and that stuff is hard to deal with even as a fan.

Needless to say I was emotional after that goal and when the final whistle blew. My eyes watered up and I'm not afraid to admit it. I felt so happy for them because they deserved that goal so badly. I couldn't believe it either, I was waiting for one of the refs to pull some more crap and take the goal away.

They won the group and rightfully so. Even though its do or die from now on I think a huge weight has been lifted off them and they will be loose and confident going forward.