View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Creating a special Alizée memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
That's remind me the dilemna of the encounter with her... No willing to be intrusive ... but eager to talk to her, having a souvenir...
Rather than talk to her about her past or her feelings, you could engage in "fan performance art" to create a souvenir. Maybe she likes improvisational theater?

For example, you could say to her:
Could I borrow 200 francs for bus fare? You'll get it back!
and then tell us how she reacts and what she says. Possibilities include the following:

1. Sorry, the previous twenty fans asked the same thing and I have no more money to spare.
2. Sorry, I only have Euros now and they are in my other purse.
3. I only lend money to people after whom I chase.
4. Oh my God! That reminds me... I forgot to pay him back!
5. I think you would enjoy watching some of my new videos.
6. I am too tired to think of a new answer.

Whatever she says, you could admit you were only making a joke. Then you could tell her you read about her trip to New York City in 2000 and how she kept a smart card from the metro/subway as a souvenir. You could tell her that she obviously enjoys collecting transportation money and present her a small gift - the type of coin ("token") used in the metro/subway when Edie Sedgwick lived in New York City. You can get them on eBay for not much money and she can wear them on a charm bracelet if she likes. For more details, see Straphanger nostalgia.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 06-26-2010 at 08:16 PM..