View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It must have been really tough on Alizée's parents when she was discovered by MF and LB. In her father's case, most fathers expect that when their daughters graduate from high school, that there's a good chance they might move off to college or maybe a job in a city far away and they're usually mentally prepared for that. But with Alizée, after being discovered, she left school I believe it was 2 years early. Even though from what I've heard, she went home on just about every weekend, I'm sure she spent a lot of time on those weekends with her freinds, telling them all about her experiences and the people she met. So he probably spent little time with her compared to before she was discovered. Knowing he'd be losing so much time with her, it must have been tough for him to let her go. Such a bright spot in his every day life, leaving him far sooner than he ever anticipated. But he allowed her to do it, because he knew it was a chance of a life time for her, knew she'd enjoy what she was doing. He did it knowing he'd be losing the biggest ray of sunshine in his life, because he loved her.

As far as her mother is concerned. From what I read, she traveled with her every where she went, until she was 18. That was what they agreed upon in order for her to drop out of school. Taking correspondence lessons was too a part of the agreement. So her mother left her home, her life, her husband on Corsica, just about every week.. I'm sure she enjoyed many of her days in Paris. But in my line of work, There's been a few occassions where I've been living in one city and working in another far away and I can tell you all that travelling get's old real quick. But she did it. She did it for Alizée.

Her two parents made big sacrifices for her, because they loved her.

I wonder if Alizée realizes how big a sacrifice they made?

When I was a teenager, I had some cousins who due to our love for skiing, became very close. I used to go up to their place to pick them up on the way to the mountains. Now none of us kids had much money. But my aunt, who was seperated, would give what little money she had to her kids, so they could go. I didn't realize til later on in life when I was going through some tough financial times of my own, what a big sacrifice she had made for us. A few years later, after getting married and getting a job that had good travel benefits, I had hoped to take my aunt and my mother who had made sacrifices for me on some trips as a way of repaying them. Well my aunt had arthritis in her knees real bad. She had to go through knee replacement surgery on 2 occassions.. After the first one, I would stop at the hospital every day on my way to work with newspapers, magazines, pictures of our many pets which she loved to see. Nobody else in her family stopped by as often as me.

Then about a month later, she had the second knee replaced. Once again I was visiting her every day. Then there came Valentines day. I had gone down to my parents house to do some remodeling work on their bathroom. I had picked up a box of chocolates that I planned on dropping off at my aunts on the way home. Well the work at my parents place took longer than expected and I was dam tired when I left for the hour long drive to the hospital near my home, so I decided not to go. Well I forget the exact story, but I believe my aunt wasn't supposed to be taking aspirin, but she took it anyways. She had a blood clot and because there was no monitoring equipment on her, she passed away that night. There were a lot of feelings about what happened but I'd just like to say about one of them is that I felt cheated, because I had hoped to repay her more for what she did for us.

So I'm just wondering does Alizée know how big a sacrifice her parents made for her. I'm sure she probably does and I know she would have done the exact same thing for them.
wow scruffy, thats deep and very well written.... but unfortunately I think the answer is a very simple one.... and that is NO! I don't think any child understands how much their parents truly sacrifice for them, I think it is just human nature to take them granted until it is too late. A parents love for a child is usually unconditional and it is hard for a kid to see it any other way when for their whole entire existence... since the very pain their mother felt while giving birth...... their parents have always had to sacrifice for them. That is why they will never truly appreciate the entirety of what their parents have done for them throughout their lives ... because parental sacrifice is something we all expect will always come to us, no matter what! Alizee is only human, so that is why the answer is no.She does not fully understand the sacrifice her parents have done for her, maybe when Annily gets older she will only start to grasp it.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!