View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well you can go to the translation page here, but translations are in the eye of the interpreter. Many of the lines of her songs have 2 or 3 meanings in French, making it very difficult to translate into English, so I find it's best to just look up each word you don't know the meaning of, then read through the different interpretations and figure out for yourself which one is right.

Moi Lolita is fairly easy. Problem is many sites try and clean up the lyrics from what they should be. You have to remember Mylene Farmer wrote these songs and the reputation she has.

A few lines who's lyrics are most debated, and what I think they mean,
Quand je rêve aux loups, c'est Lola qui saigne

(I'm writing these from memory so forgive any typos)

Which I think means, When I dream of the wolves, it's Lola who bleeds.
Wolves apparently means older men (relative to herself) who come around looking for her and this song is about a girl who's sexually active and I don't think I have to spell out what it is that happens sexually to a young girl that makes her bleed, especially if it's the first time.

Et quand je donne ma langue aux chats, je vois les autres
and when I give my tongue to the cats, I see the others
Tout prets a se jeter sur moi
All ready to jump on me.

Again this is supposed to be a girl that's sexually active,
When I give my tongue to the cats I think means that when she is having oral sex with other girls, probably other Lolitas, she sees these men coming around, ready to jump on her.

The rest of the song is relatively easy to interp.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-25-2010 at 10:00 PM..