View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
- and perhaps veiled enough that a 15-, 16-, or 17-year-old Alizée wouldn't have even known what she was singing about. (And who knows, maybe her mom didn't catch on either.) Yes, as Rev says, she was persuaded, but there's a fine line between persuasion and coercion when there are contracts involved.
I like to believe that Alizee was smart enough to catch on, or at least not that stupid to be "fooled" by MF/LB. She was old enough to understand all those terms. Now, was she happy with that? Touring all around the world is nice, so is having a song in the top of many charts, but did she really like to perform that Lolita character? I can't tell, despite everything She's said about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I've written in these pages before how I think Alizée is much better off now, without Mylène and Laurent, but I've come around to thinking that Laurent was actually a pretty excellent composer! His music sounds practically "old and stuffy" now, but for those first couple albums, he was the Marvin Hamlisch (or maybe even the Burt Bacharach) of France!

So basically, I blame Mylène.
Im my opinion, What they did with Moi...Lolita (and Alizee) was genius. Everything, starting with the selection proccess they had to go through in order to find their right Lolita, and the way they continued the lolita character with PTB (which is another genius production). Yes even the first videoclips are a masterpiece of art (except for L'alize IMO, after all it wasn't produced by Laurent Boutonnat). Mylene and Laurent created that Alizee that caught my eye, and which I'm a fan of. So I thank Mylene and Laurent for doing that.

Last edited by edgar93; 07-26-2010 at 11:28 AM..