View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Angry Thoughts on Biopics and Bad Words

Thank you Wasabs, glad you approve - in fact, I'm relieved! (I borrowed it without asking you - oops - sorry!)

And good point there, W - there are no Zac Efron or Vanessa Hudgens biopics, not even a Britney one. No, the world wasn't crying out for biopics of any of these people, but Justin Bieber? Come on! Well, let's hope it flops, or else they'll make biopics about everybody and anybody!

Oh, one more thing that's been bothering me: I dislike the little guy intensely, but I still can't abide people calling Justin Bieber a "faggot" or a "fruit". Let's all try to avoid using these kinds of terms from now on. We've got standards to uphold here, people! (For that matter, so do the homosexuals of the world, and most of them probably don't want to be associated with this guy either.)

If you want to call him a wuss, a wimp, a pansy, or even a daffodil, I personally see no problem with any of those terms. But "faggot", "fruit", or anything else that would typically be used to derogatorily refer to a gay person, those kinds of words should have no place here.

And the word "gay", too - that's another problem, sometimes. Again, it's fine with me if you want to say "Perez Hilton, that guy is so gay!" because it's basically true. But let's not start saying "Justin Bieber is so gay! Zac Efron is so gay! Vanessa Hudgens is totally gay!"

Why not? For one thing, JungAdore and even Alizée herself have mentioned that in France, large portions of her fan base are gay. But if they're buying the CD's, enjoying the music, and preaching her gospel, hey, that should be totally cool with any of us. Right?