View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Maybe mistaken on the years so forgive me if they are inaccurate...
Never took into consideration i would be writing this subject so didn't keep track of dates .

2000 i heard Moi Lolita on the radio in my moms man friends car . It sounded fabulous but a bit hmmm well anyone in America knows anything to do with Lolita IS The Ultimate Sin . So it was a bit shocking to hear ( which i am sure was intentional as well perhaps the reason no English/American version was ever released ) . After listening for a minute he changed stations saying something like " what is this Russian ? " . I replied what are you doing that is the beautiful language of French which always sounds good and she sounds Grrrreat then i clicked it back . Intrigued thinking to myself this is definitely a cool song and what a beautiful voice , i will have to research online .

Of course i forgot . . . But i do know i had seen pictures of her in various internet sites after then and knew what she looked like without knowing who she was or her voice . To add there as others writ similarly above as well perhaps below it would be her music at first and not looks that originally had attracted me . This is not to say she isn't incredibly good looking or attractive to me as obviousilly she is . Just that i didnt have that obsession with her looks as many others writing did/do .

2001 My cousin who is addicted to and a walking encyclopedia on anything James Bond came for a visit and said you have to hear this new James Bond song ( JBG ). . . Asking can i look it up online . Here i was thinking that i like the old James Bond soundtracks but the new stuff nah not interested so changed the subject and again we/i forgot .

2002/3 On vacation in DisneyWorld happen to see Alizee performance of J'en Ai Marre , the TV one and not the outdoors concert . Now i knew the face with the voice and thinking of the past experience not remembering to research this time i memorized her name . Like many others posting here ( yes i read them all ) i wanted to get some translation not knowing French . Of course once again i did not remember to look her up for a few months went by . . .

2002/3 One night surfing around searching for new music as i tend to prefer female artists such as Blondie , Pat Benetar , Madonna , Sheena Easton , Olivia Newton John , Expose' , Cheeky Girls , Gloria Estefan , Wilson Phillips , Stacey Q , Samantha Fox , Go Go's , Crystal Waters etc etc etc , Oh yeah that Alizee' grl ! First song i came upon searching for English lyric versions was Alizee's song I'm Fed Up . To which part of the lyrics say " Get up and start to smile, guy . Do it for me . " Not only did her singing my name enchant me as well the song seemed to be healing to the soul and energizing my spirit . That was it for me , addicted ever since .