View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
We don't have to promote Alizee as a young Lolita or through her JEAM era songs (although it wouldn't hurt ) I think it'll be better if we promote her using her new songs in English so Americans would be more receptive to her. Let them discover themselves the "old" Alizee.
This whole post is one huge really good point, but I think emphasis should be put on this right here. AAm's promotional efforts have been amazing and impressive, and you should all be commended for what you've done to spread her music and talent, but so far I've noticed that mostly her MF/LB-era music is used. Now I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth or jump to conclusions, but honestly I think the use of her older music is a bad idea. Yes, it's true that America is generally more likely to do a double-take of Lolita Lili than her current image, but right now Alizee is trying to introduce a different side of herself and if I were her, I'd be frustrated that everyone preferred the manufactured image over the one I (meaning she of course) had created.

It might not be easy to get America's attention with UEdS's dark, artistic thing going on, but I think Alizee would probably appreciate it if we promoted more of that.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée