View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Pssh! Your pretty new here aren't you? You should check out all the projects we did before all you Une Enfant Du Siècle Era fans came along. We wrote letters, requested Pandora and iTunes, made remixes, design posters, gave out flyers, painted our cars, posted links, distributed cd's, composed birthday songs, ETC!

In addition to me living in the number one city for most Alizee look-ups in the world, I contacted the record label and the French Embassy in New York and Washington DC to see what it would take to have her perform here. I even sent letters to local venues for her to come.

So, sidelines my ass.

How'd ya like THEM apples?
Had you presented your argument in a constructive way, then I would have been more respectful. It's okay to criticize, but let's do it in a constructive way. Instead, you quickly dismissed my idea like it's non-sense. You are like one of those bosses that everyone hates to work for because they think they know all the answers and wouldn't even listen to their employees.

I was offering a new idea, idea that worked for an anonymous singer from a third world country whose accomplishment at her own country or anywhere else prior to this, pale in comparison to that of Alizee's. If you compare their resumes side-by-side, it's not even close. And we're just talking about the accomplishments here (awards, record sales, etc). We are not even talking about their INTANGIBLES (popularity, name-recognition, looks, dancing ability, etc).

And that's what I'm trying to present to all: What are we doing wrong? Logic would tell you that it would have been a lot easier to promote here someone from a Western country like Alizee, given her talents, proven record sales around the world, popularity, etc.

There's a lot of people here that I respect and whose opinions I value. People like Scruffy, Lefty, Doc, Ben, C-4, MYGOGT and some others whose works, tireless efforts and well-intentioned opinions have made this site worth coming back to. Given your prior work, if true, would have earned you my respect easily as well. Unfortunately, you decided to present your opinion in a dismissive way. And now, not only did you insult me, you also insulted all the other recent and new fans here. WAY TO GO!!!

Last edited by Jake04; 09-14-2010 at 02:20 AM..