View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 03:31 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Also how many of her male fans left after her marriage and birth of Annie Li ?

I remember the posts on boards I was lurking on back in 2005-2006 of guys just hoping she would dump Jeremy. After Annie's birth these same guys just faded off those boards.

Didn't we just have a poster a few months ago telling of introducing his friend to Alizée. The friend was nuts about her until he found out she was married with a daughter. Like that should make a difference?
hahahaha. You know, that actually reminds me of something from when I was about 8 years old. I don't know why, but it has always stuck to me. I overheard a conversation between my grandparents about some male celebrity who was told by his agent to hold off on getting married. The rationale being that he would have much greater success if he stayed single so that women could always fantasize about being with him as long as he's single. It sounds ridiculous, but I can sort of understand the mentality behind this. I guess Lilly would be more marketable if she were single, but I agree that it shouldn't matter since her music should be what people are into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

There isn't one thing that is causing this problem, there are many.

1) Taking four years off.
2) Getting Married
3) Having a child
4) Changing your style and
putting out two marginal Albums after returning.

Moving on from Myléne and Laurent may or may not have been a major factor but it did affect her career. That four year vacation away from the public from 2004-2007 probably was the biggest factor in hurting her long term career.

Had she come back at the end of 2007 with a a really great album all would have been forgiven but Psychedelices was an OK album not a great album.
I think the change of style was the biggest influencing factor out of the four main reasons you've listed. If she were married, had a child, took time off, but still came out with what MOST fans expected of her - some type of M+L fueled album with all the feel good songs and vibes that the first two albums produced, it most likely would have been much more successful.

But it's impossible to gauge whether or not this would be even be true since there are a number of people that liked Psych but may not have wanted the same stuff that's been done to death for the first two albums. (I would have loved it though). In other words - the fans that Psych was able to draw in for her may or may not have been into her if she released something else INSTEAD of Psych.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q