Thread: let's speculate
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I could certainly understand a certain desire to change her image, simply to show that she has grown and matured. In interview, Alizee described how her image for Mes Courants Electriques (esp. for the album cover) were meant to show how she was no longer a child but not yet an adult. After marriage and motherhood, she will certainly want to present herself as an adult. However, I hope that she doesn't take this too far. I think what sets Alizee apart from other pop stars (particularly American ones) is her ability to use her immense natural beauty without caking on the make-up or appearing in skimpy or lewd clothing. (The only exception to the make-up thing I think was her L'important C'est D'aimer - May 17, 2004 appearance, which I don't think really worked for her.) Alizee's message has always seemed to be one of enjoying life in a natural, carefree way. To that end, I think her J'en Ai Marre hair that you mentioned (or similar) will continue to suit her nicely; ya' know something that flows freely and has a bit of movement. I just hope she (or perhaps more precisely, her producers) doesn't interpret maturity with what is often called "gritty" or "with an edge" in showbiz. To take that route, I'm sure would be a mistake. What I think most people want to see is how Alizee has been able to still have fun, be sexy, and maintain her outlook on life despite the undoubted pressures that marriage and motherhood have brought to her life... and in a way she wouldn't be ashamed to show her young daughter in years to come. Anyway, that's my thought on the matter.

Last edited by CFHollister; 11-25-2006 at 12:09 AM..