View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road
Default What would you do if...

What would you do if...

I've been wanting to make this thread for a while now. If you've responded to these before, make something up again, perhaps the past few months of Alizée-exposure has tweaked your thinking. Please don't think I'm some crazy whack-job, I'm taking some classes in critical thinking and trying to come up with some thought-provoking questions so I can practice identifying parts of the inner psyche and secretly make biased judgements about you from now on.

1) You wake up, same as any other morning, sit at the edge of your bed, have a little stretch, maybe a yawn or two is in order, prolly start to dread all the things you will have to get done today. You get dressed, well... dressed-enough, and walk out your bedroom door. Then BLAM! Alizée is sitting on your living room couch, chatting away with a relavite of yours...

...suprise! you're on Stars à Domicile!
'cept you have one day to spend with Alizée, a full 24 hours with her in your home town, what do you do?
what do you do?
where do you go?
whom do you see?
who would you like to intorduce her to?
what would you tell her?

2) Could you love Alizee only as a friend?

Say by some craaaazy chance you end up buddy-buddy with Jérémy. He introduces you to Alizée and you click off together, but always as friends. Because you are single, Alizée helps find you a date, (sets you up with one of her friends).

do you think you could ever have honest feelings for this other girl? she and Alizée are friends too

could it work? could you live your life so close to her, and never take that step too far?

could you be friends, but all the while, you are in secret, deeply in love with her.
Could you love her enough that you wouldn't do her harm, don't make her choose between you, one of her best friends, and Jérémy.

Do you throw all your cards on the table, attemting to work things out one step at a time, Love Actually-style, or can you see that the best thing for her would be if she never had known you, Butterfly Effect approach?

3) Alright, in this one you turn back time, before the Jérémy days. Yes, you're dating her. You are one lucky sonovabitch. You're still uneasy fitting into her world, getting accostomed to the attention and constant invasion of privacy. So you've been seeing her for a couple of weeks now and needless to say, you're included into her world. As any big sister will tell you, she probably cares a lot about her little brother, you will also need to be a good role model to him and his approval is just as important as hers. Needless to say, to your luck, you and Johann hit things off splendidly.
At some time, Alizée is waist-deep in work, interviews, and photo shoots all day. Seeing that you'd be more of a hassle to have around than help, you and Johann plan out a day together. After taking the oh-so cliché trip to a football game, the movies, or whatever, you encounter some paparazzi in the street who have nothing better to do than bad-mouth Alizée.

You have her little brother with you, these guys are intentionally egging you on for some trouble, what do you do?

Brush it off, take the responsible role-model road, these slime balls are only looking for a story and would want nothing better than to make a quick hundred-thousand from a lawsuit whilst getting their front-page scandal. With a new album coming out, you know right now is a vital point to Alizée's carreer, having her image as dating some american trailer trash lunatic starting brawls in the streets won't help.
There will always be trash-talkers out there, it comes with the fame, you won't be able to fight all of her battles, not all of whom will be able to be taken out so easily, someday you're going to hit the wrong guy and cause some real trouble.
OR
But f' that! You want to show Johann that chivalry is not dead! This just proves to young Johann how devoted you are to his sister. These dickless bastards have no right to even speak her beautiful name. Let the ass-whooping commence!

4) Pretty mush the same as the first post in this thread. You see Alizée casually shopping in a store, not necissarily in a rush to be somewhere, but you can tell that an opportunity like this for her to be out in public and not harrassed by hoards of paparazzi is something she is finding less and less common. If she seemed to be doin her own thing, on her merry way, would you interrupt her and ask her for an autograph? I know it takes little effort for her to leave a once-in-a-lifetime impression on you, but could you even bug her that much? Could you live passing up that moment, probably the only time your paths would cross, just for knowing you didn't cause her that tiny bit of annoyance, even since she would never know to appreciate it, never giving you the credit you so selflessly earned by NOT taking action?

...damn, I did this from a man's perspective, sorry ladies, work with me here